The effective date of this appointment is July 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will oversee the academic and educational mission of the University of Toronto Sports Medicine Program. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Development of a strategic plan for the Sports Medicine Program
- Acting as liaison between the Program and the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Department of Surgery
- Serving on committees including the Orthopaedic Council, Resident Program Committee, Orthopaedic Research Committee and fellowship committee as appropriate
- Developing a research plan and overseeing research productivity within the program
- Developing an education plan with respect to postgraduate and fellowship education and overseeing teaching performance within the program
- Development of Quality Improvement initiatives within the program
- Development of a plan for recruitment within the program
- Development and maintenance of collaboration with other appropriate groups within the University of Toronto eg. Rehabilitation medicine, primary care sports medicine, diagnostic imaging, etc.
The successful candidate should ideally possess strong collaborative and leadership skills and demonstrated excellence in research, quality improvement and teaching. The candidate must be eligible for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto and be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
The University of Toronto Sports Medicine Program is comprised of 13 surgeons spread throughout the University of Toronto teaching hospitals including Women’s College Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital/University Health Network, Mount Sinai Hospital, St. Michael’s Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Michael Garron Hospital. These hospitals are all affiliated with the University of Toronto and are recognized internationally for excellence in patient care, innovation, research and education.
Please submit applications, the name of three referees and curriculum vitae by April 30 to:
Dr. Peter Ferguson
Albert and Temmy Latner Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Toronto
476G-600 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5
or by email to email@example.com
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
For more information about the Temerty Faculty of Medicine/Department of Surgery, please visit our home page at http://surgery.utoronto.ca.
Peter C. Ferguson MD MSc FRCSC FAOA
Albert and Temmy Latner Chair,
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery
University of Toronto