Job Posting: Sunnybrook In-House On-Call Physician
Holland Bone and Joint Program
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
We are one of North America’s leading programs for musculoskeletal care, education and research. As part of the largest trauma centre in the country, we focus on complex injuries that cannot be managed elsewhere.
Our specialties include major musculoskeletal injury (a range of disorders involving muscles, bones, tendons, blood vessels, nerves and other soft tissues), total joint replacement and major biological restoration.
We lead in:
- Traumatic injury management (such as pelvic injury and spine care)
- Joint (hip, knee and shoulder) reconstruction and replacement
- Complex upper and lower limb surgery
- Sports and activity-related injury management
Our activities reflect a strong interdisciplinary approach and focus on function and independence, patient-centered care, aging and quality outcomes.
We have an annual volume of about 5,000 elective orthopaedic surgical cases (including more than 2,200 hip and knee replacement procedures) and more than 30,000 ambulatory care visits.
Off-hours, in-house medical coverage required for:
Monday – Friday
1800 hours to 0730 hours
0700 hours to 0700 hours Sunday
0700 hours to 0730 hours Monday
- The In-house Physician is expected to contact the Hospital Coordinator on arrival at the Hospital to be brought up to date on any matters of concern.
- The In-house Physician must remain on hospital premises throughout his/her shift in order to be available to respond immediately to emergency situations.
- The In-house Physician is expected to respond to all cardiac arrest/emergency codes.
- All routine patient care is the responsibility of the Attending Physicians and/or Clinical Fellows, and should be referred back to the Attending Physician after regular working hours. The In-house Physician is responsible for dealing with any patient management problem that is brought to his/her attention. In normal circumstances, the Attending Physician should be consulted regarding:
- Indications/need for blood transfusion; and/or
- Management of patients with suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- The In-house Physician is responsible for medical screening and/or treatment advice of patients calling the Hospital Coordinator with urgent concerns.
Applicants with a valid registered medical license in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario are invited to apply by sending resume and proof of ACLS training to: Carolyn Pezzetti, Administrative Director, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, email@example.com
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We are committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this on your internal application/transfer form.