I would like to share with you the fantastic result from the CaRMS match announced in March. Our program continues to be very attractive to students interested in a career in orthopaedics, thanks to the mentorship and guidance of faculty, fellows, and residents alike.
This year we matched 9 of our top 15 ranked students, in no particular order:
- Joseph Di Michele, University of Ottawa
- Tyler Hauer, University of Toronto
- Paul Klas, University of Toronto
- Xin (Bill) Mei, Queen’s University
- Luke Reda, Columbia University
- Maegan Shields, Saba University School of Medicine
- Jimmy Tat, McGill University
- Lawrence Wengle, University College, Cork School of Medicine
- Samuel Yoon, McMaster University
I would like to thank all of the residents and faculty members who participated in the selection and interview process. This is an incredibly important role that ensures we continue to attract the best and brightest students to our program.
Peter C. Ferguson MD MSc FRCSC FAOA
Albert and Temmy Latner Chair,
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery
University of Toronto