Dear colleagues – I never get tired of saying this…
Great news from the CaRMS match!
Combining the CMG and IMG matches, we matched our top 5 students and 9 of our top 14. An incredibly impressive result that continues to reflect the high level of education that our trainees receive and the fantastic impression that we leave upon our students. Despite the challenging employment situation in Canada for orthopaedists in general, I think that the students see that almost 90% of our graduates from the past 5 years have permanent jobs. Furthermore they are witnesses to the camaraderie and collegial atmosphere that we promote in our program.
Please join me in welcoming:
- James Campbell Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Tiffany Lung Queen’s University
- Celina Nahanni University of Toronto
- Kyle Raasck McGill University
- Matthew Raleigh Western University
- Stephanie Searle University of Toronto
- Ali Etemad-Rezaie Chicago Medical School
- Samuel Grant University of Edinburgh
- Johnathan Lex University of Birmingham
We are looking forward to welcoming our newest residents in July.
Peter C. Ferguson MD MSc FRCSC FAOA
Albert and Temmy Latner Chair,
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery
University of Toronto