On behalf of Johnny Lau, Fellowship Director Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toronto.
During the pandemic crisis, I have been working with PGME to ensure that outgoing fellows with changes in their career plans can get an extension to their training program.
The Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and PGME will support:
- Extension of current fellowship training from 6 months to 12 months
- New short term 6 months fellowships
- 6 month fellowship learning objectives will need to be modified so that fellows can achieve their objectives in the shorter time frame;
- Fellows requesting a 6 to 12 month extension will not require modifying their learning objectives;
- Fellows requiring work permits should be done as soon as possible.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Dr. Johnny Lau, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Foot and Ankle
Assistant Professor, University of Toronto
Program Director, University of Toronto Foot and Ankle Fellowship
Divisional Clinical Fellowship Director, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toronto