This has been an exceedingly difficult year for all of us, for many reasons. I am delighted to share with you some good news for a change. We have recently received the results from the 2021 CaRMS match and we have successfully matched all of our positions with high quality candidates.
There was much uncertainty around the match this year, given the fact that students from other universities were not able to undertake electives in person. Despite that limitation, there were several students from outside of Toronto who were attracted by the high quality of our training program and our trainees, and the opportunity to learn from world leaders in our Division.
Please join me in welcoming to the program our newest residents, who will be starting their training July 1, 2021:
- Akshdeep Bhatia, University of Toronto
- Audrey Caron, University of Calgary
- Emmanuel Igbokwe, University of Toronto
- Darius Lameire, McMaster University
- Nicholas Nucci, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Ajay Shah, McMaster University
- Nicholas Yee, University of Alberta
- Luxme Mahendira, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – Medical University of Bahrain
- Tayler Ross, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine
Our success in this match speaks volumes about the sustained quality of our program and our resident body. Thank you to all who participated in the match process!
Peter C. Ferguson MD MSc FRCSC FAOA
Albert and Temmy Latner Chair,
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery
University of Toronto